Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What Am I Thinking?

There are so many things I could have titled this post - "Who Has Time For This?" or "Are You Trying To Kill Yourself?" or "First and Last" (as in my first ever post and last ever post).  The truth is, I barely feel like I have time to use the bathroom during the day, so what on earth makes me think I have any sort of time to BLOG???  But the bigger truth is that I have wanted to do this for a really, REALLY long time and I have reached a point where I think I will just find the time, somehow, somewhere.  I established this blog in November, and it sat here with a title only.  Then as I rang in the new year I swore I would give myself time to blog.  And here we are, almost March, and I'm writing my first post.  Better late than never, right?  Or something like that...

Several things have inspired me to start blogging.  First and foremost, it is for ME!!!  I have a Facebook account, but that is mostly about keeping up with everybody else.  I have another website where I post cute pictures and stories and antecdotes about my children, but that clearly is for everybody else because if any significant time passes with no new pictures I get harrassed from several family members.  I needed somewhere to express myself and get out what is on my mind.  And as it stands now, this really, truly is just for me because nobody knows I have set this up except me.  So maybe it will serve as my little online diary for a while...  probably not long.  But I guess we will see how it goes!  Another reason I decided to finally break down and do something is that I am inspired, if you will, by several blogs I follow on a regular basis and I wanted to be able to join in the party.  Once I get the hang of how all this works I will attempt to list them under "blogs I follow" but be patient because it might be a while.  You'd never know I was once a computer science major (after I was an accounting major, but before I was a business major).  It may also take a while to spruce things up around here and make this look like a legitimate blog but I'll do what I can!

So maybe this will be my place to vent each day (or week... we'll see how the time thing goes), maybe it will be some sort of creative outlet, maybe it will lead to bigger and better things (in what arena I have no clue).  But I'M HERE and I'm finally doing this and for that I am a little bit proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment