Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Keep Calm and...

Sooooo.... I failed at "You Capture" when the topic was Yellow.  And then again last week when it was "Lunch."  And now I am already 2 days behind on this week's challenge of "Shoes."  BUT I think I can handle this one, easily.  We have no less than 569 pairs of shoes in this house and at any given time there are at least 10 pair (or sometimes not a pair) in the middle of my living room floor.  So again I will say Challenge Accepted!  Let's just hope I can follow through this time.  Stay tuned!

These past couple of weeks have been busy.  And in times like this my former self would have been in pure panic mode by now and would have already collapsed in bed 3 hours ago.  (That's a lie.  I would have fallen asleep on the couch and then been left there by my husband who attempted, numerous times, to wake me up but finally gave up and went to bed.)  But as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I am feeling this sudden sense of calm.  And strangely and rarely enough it has actually stuck with me!  Usually this stuff goes away in a day, if it even sticks around that long.  But I think in my life I have finally come to realize that some things just are what they are and you can't control them. 

And since I have let myself actually believe this I have been a different person.  My workload has not led to any late-night stressing.  I feel a bit more organized.  (I said a bit.  This house is still mostly chaos!)  I am checking things off my to-do list and the things that don't get checked off are not causing me to have a melt down. 

All of this is a tad unreal, especially in the midst of the holiday season.  I just hope I can stick with it and not lose my mind by Christmas like I do most years.  I'm actually further ahead on Christmas shopping than I have ever been in November.  (Be quiet all of you who are finished shopping!  I don't want to hear it!)  We are going to visit Santa this Saturday, the FIRST day of December.  We will also put up our tree and lights and all the other fun stuff of the season.  We will have FUN and not stress about other (mostly unimportant) stuff.

This morning I made a to-do list that was a page long.  (A small page, but still a page.)  I forgot that I would be gone this evening.  Absolutely nothing got checked off that list.  But you know what?  I'm OK with that.  I had a fantastic night celebrating my daughter's First Reconciliation, I watched my favorite, can't miss show on TV and did a little work.  Now I'm writing this.  Tomorrow I will pick up the list again and get to work.  But until then I will just enjoy what is.

(And in reference to the title of this post... I see that "Keep Calm..." stuff everywhere.  I have no idea what it means.  It just seemed appropriate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment