Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You Capture - Black & White

When I saw the challenge for this week's You Capture, I have to admit I was a little disappointed.  When I first started joining in these challenges, that was one of the first topics.  And it really wasn't that long ago.  And like Beth stated in her post this week, I am usually hesitant to turn my shots into black and white because I feel I always lose something. 

BUT... it quickly dawned on me I would have the perfect opportunity to get some great shots to convert.  My nephew's birthday party was last week and his party was held in a firetruck-themed room.  There were 2 actual firetrucks in there, with all their nozzles and gears and guages and knobs and whatever else comes on there.  Perfect!  So many neat shots and angles I could capture.

And then what happened?  You guessed it - I completely forgot!  In all fairness, I did get some really great shots of the party, but none that were really worth making black and white.  So I had to find some hidden gems in what I had and do some major cropping.  Here's what I came up with:



And a cute shot of my adorable little fireman.  :)


On the way out, Ella "won" this black and white ring in a quarter machine.


And finally, a little black and white that has always made me giggle.  We have had this book since Ella was a toddler; it came with a box set of ABC books.  This picture is in no way edited - hopefully you get the same laugh I did.  :)


Head on over to I Should Be Folding Laundry for more of this week's black and white offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment