Wednesday, July 4, 2012

You Capture - Feet

It has been so, so long (way too long) since I have been able to link up with You Capture.  Twice over the past month and a half I have actually taken pictures for You Capture and then, before I even got a chance to post them, the week was over and it was on to a new topic.  So with my vow to find balance and get back to what I love, I read all the You Capture posts I missed over the past 6 weeks or so.  I figured I would read the most recent post from this Monday, get the scoop on next week's topic and get to work.

But Divine Intervention - or maybe not something quite so wonderful or miraculous ;) - stepped in!  Turns out the topic for last week was "Feet."  I immediately thought of at least 3 pictures I had taken of feet last week.  I have to admit, I was so excited I almost clapped my hands and squealed!  (OK, maybe I did... a little.)  I can link up after all!

Last week we went on vacation with the entire Tabor family to Perdido Key, FL.  This is the first time we have been to the beach in 3 years - it will be the first trip Lucas remembers and it was the first trip ever for Joseph.  We have a sand box in our backyard, so he has certainly touched and played in sand before.  But he has never actually been IN the sand.  His first visit - he was not so sure!


He did NOT like the feel of it on his feet!  He wanted so bad to get it off, but he was very hesitant to touch his feet with his own hands.


But once he saw everybody else running and having a good time, he pulled himself up and didn't seem to mind his feet in the sand after all.


And by the end of the week, he was setting off on his own adventures.


I know this shot isn't nearly as cute as the previous shots of Joe's chunky little toes, but I think it's still worth posting!  These are my feet - pedicured and all, which is a real rarity - standing in the gulf water.  The bright sun, the soft white sand, the clear cool ocean.  I could have stood in this spot all day, watching all the activity around me and feeling the waves crash over my feet.  Makes me feel dreamy just looking at it!




Ah, it feels good to be back!  Be sure to check out this week's other You Capture posts.  Happy reading (and posting)!

No comments:

Post a Comment