Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome Back

Holy cow, what happened to June?!  I had the very best of intentions to write numerous posts - the ideas were just swimming in my head, tons of things to write about.  But sadly, there were too many things swimming around and absolutely no time to sit and write about them.  Same goes for blog reading - I am behind on all my favorite blogs and it makes me sad, like I am missing out on visits with good friends.  (Maybe not that extreme - some of these people I have never even met.)

I thought for sure June would be the beginning of our "relaxing" summer.  The kids were out of school, meaning lack of schedule and homework.  Lazy days in the backyard and at the pool.  But there was tee-ball.  And gymnastics.  And swim lessons.  And preparing for vacation.  And of course the everyday stuff around the house and, oh yeah... work!  So in the midst of all that everything else got lost and it felt like the most frantic month in my entire life.  I look back and it is all a blur.  I felt (and still feel) very unbalanced.

My primary goal when I quit my full-time office job was to be happier and more relaxed at home.  To find a true balance between work and home life and everything that goes along with it.  In June, I failed miserably.  We were all at our wit's end, Brandon was beyond stressed, the kids seemed to fight constantly, and I felt like I spent all my time dealing with other people and things and absolutely no time dealing with myself.

So I vow that July is a new beginning!  All classes and lessons and games and practices have ended for the summer.  Vacation has come and gone.  I am writing what I hope to be the first of many posts for the month (and beyond).  I have books (yes, plural) on my nightstand just waiting to be read.  Thanks to some reading I did on vacation last week, I feel motivated and inspired - more than ever - to find the balance I am so desperately seeking and make everything come together.  Things are looking up and I refuse to look down.

So bring it on, July - I am packed and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment