Monday, August 20, 2012

You Capture - Photo A Day

I must admit, as I start this post, that I cheated a bit this week.  I didn't get around to viewing last week's You Capture posts until Tuesday, which means I got this week's challenge a day late.  So with the topic being "A Photo A Day" my week ran Tuesday - Monday.  And while I'm at it, I will also admit that this challenge stressed me out a bit.  (OK, more than a bit.)  I thought I would NEVER remember to get a decent shot each day.  BUT I surprised myself and had fun in the meantime!

On Tuesday morning the kids and I went to the park near our house.  Their favorite thing to do there is walk the Nature Trail and my favorite thing to do there is take their picture on this bridge.


On Wednesday we played in our back yard.  This year we planted pumpkins for the first time ever, just to see what they would do.  I love to see them early in the morning, as the sun rises and their blooms open wide toward the East.


Thursday was the start of soccer season in our house.  Both Ella and Lucas will be playing this season and Ella had her first practice Thursday evening.


Friday morning I took the kids downtown so they could play in the new park on the river and we could meet Brandon for lunch.  This was our first visit to this particular park and I can't wait to go back.  They have an exhibit on The Black Brigade and I loved this statue that was perched on top of the wall surrounding the exhibit.  I believe the title was "A Mother Waits With Her Children" (but that probably is not 100% accurate).  The piece alone was moving, but add to it the fact that you can see the Ohio River in the background and the bridge coming from Kentucky and the American Flag (just barely) at the top... it is just unbelievable.  So much to take in.


With a very active, athletic 4-year-old boy in our house a lot of things get stuck on our roof.  Saturday it was a boomerang so Brandon went up to retrieve it.  The whole thing made me giggle - him up there in his Superman shirt with the blue skies in the background.  Too much!  (And so photo-worthy!)


A Sunday afternoon nap - who doesn't love one?!  Casey loved one so much that she didn't care if Joseph's shoes were in her way.  In fact, she seemed rather comfortable snoozing with her nose in there.




And finally Monday morning... I received a single pink rose on Sunday afternoon and it was just too beautiful not to photograph.


So that is my week in photos!  See what everybody else has been up to this week at The Home of You Capture.

4 comments:

  1. I was right there with you this week stressing out haha. Glad you were able to have some fun :) Thats a real pretty flower and I think the super man picture is too funny! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the puppy with the shoes...no wonder they always disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a Sunday afternoon nap right about now, even though it's Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your week reviewed in 'a photo a day' and your kids are so very cute!

    ReplyDelete