Thursday, March 1, 2012

Failure to Capture

One of the things that inspired and motivated me to start a blog in the first place was one of my favorites: I Should Be Folding Laundry.  This blog is written by my friend's sister and I have followed it for years.  One of my favorite features is her weekly "You Capture" post.  This is a photography challenge with a new topic each week.  Followers are challenged to go out into the world with their cameras, fancy or not (mine is not so much) and shoot their interpretation of that week's topic.  I LOVE taking pictures.  I take a million.  My husband says I am blinding our children.  I am nowhere near a professional (nor do I believe myself to be) but I just enjoy it.  And along the way I hope to improve, not to pro status, but enough to look back one day and think "I got some really great shots!"

So anyway, every week for the past gazillion years, I have gazed longingly at the You Capture post, checking out Beth's amazing shots, thinking about the next week's topics and all the great things I could take pictures of.  So finally I have a blog of my own.  I can join in the game!  I can post my own pictures!  This week's topic: Peach (the color or the fruit).  And what happens to me?  BRAIN. DEAD.  Nothing!!  I have absolutely no ideas!  I racked my brain all week long and searched every corner trying to find some sort of peach something to photograph.  All I came up with was the plastic jar of Dole sliced peaches in light syrup in our fridge.  Loved by my children, but not exactly photo-worthy.  I was devastated!  I can finally play the game and I have nothing to play with!  The post goes up on Thursday so I finally resigned myself to the fact that I would have to sit this one out and just be a spectator, yet again.  But then what happens??  The blog is down!  There are some technical issues on Beth's end and she cannot currently get her site up and running.  I do believe I have jinxed the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment