Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You Capture - Fun!

This week's You Capture topic was "Fun."  Easy enough, I thought - we are ALWAYS having fun around here!  That is one of the things Brandon and I always discuss about our children - they are such upbeat kids and always having a good time.  They just love to have fun and make everything fun.  And that in turns makes being their mom fun.

All the kids in my house have a guitar (technically Joe's is a ukelele - perfect size!) but nobody in this house actually knows how to play.  But that doesn't stop my 2 oldest from having regular jam sessions in the middle of the living room with their own made-up songs.  This shot is from a quieter, boys-only session in the bedroom they share.  (Nevermind the mess around the rest of the room - we were having a really fun day!)


And then there is the fun that having a 13-month-old brings to everyday life around here.  Peek-a-boo under the dining room chairs is always a good time, but it never ceases to amaze me how long this game can go on and how Joe thinks it is just as funny the 30th time I pop my head under that chair as he did the first.



Lastly, 2 kinds of fun all rolled into one.  Last week we met my brother and my nephew at the park for an impromptu play date since the weather was so fabulous.  That turned into dinner at our house for everybody and the kids playing out back while Brandon grilled some chicken.  I love that my brother and I have kids fairly close in age.  It is so much fun for me to watch them play together.  And I think as you can see in this picture of my 2 oldest kids and my newphew Nathan, it is just as much fun for them.  (Not the greatest shot, but this was taken out the kitchen window as I was cooking the rest of our dinner!)


I do believe I had just as much fun taking pictures this week as I did participating in the actual activities I captured.  For more You Capture fun, visit Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry.  (And Beth, I promise I do read your rules!  If I am linking this wrong please let me know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment