Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mixed Emotions

I sit here now in a completely quiet house.  Other than the washing machine running downstairs and the clicking of the keyboard, there is nothing!  All 3 of my kids are currently in Bowling Green with their grandparents, a mini Spring Break vacation.  I dropped them off yesterday afternoon and will pick them up tomorrow afternoon, so for a total of 48 hours I am childless.

I have mixed emotions about this.  I cried for 3 days leading up to the drop off.  I haven't been away from Ella and Lucas for this long in several years, and even when I was away they were home with Dad.  I have never been away from Joseph for this long.  Yes, there are certainly days that I need a break or a little quiet time or a little grown-up time.  But I LOVE being home with my babies everyday.  I love that I get to spend my days with them now and be the one to pick them up from school and help with homework and schedule fun outings and activities.  I love seeing all of Joe's new discoveries and milestones.  I love snuggling with them to read books and watch cartoons.  I love every single second of being a Momma and I don't want to miss out on anything.

But today... I have to admit, today it is nice to have the peace and quiet.  I had big goals and a long to-do list for today.  Some of it is being accomplished, but I'm sure some of it will not.  I have spent a good chunk of this morning playing on the computer and checking in with people on Facebook and eating hands-full of Cadbury Mini Eggs.  (Curses to you Mini-Eggs!  I am trying to get my body ready for the beach!!)  I have not turned on the TV or the radio or anything else that makes any noise.  It is quiet.  And full disclosure - it is noon and I am still in my pajamas.  I slept until 9:30.  (Would have slept longer if a certian somebody hadn't called and said "Are you awake?"  a-hem!!)  Quiet and comfortable.

So maybe today won't be as super successful as I had planned.  But so far it is relaxing.  I will knock some things off my list and some will be postponed for the weekend.  But tomorrow?  Tomorrow afternoon I will run up to my babies and throw my arms around them and make up for all the hugs I have missed in these 48 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your peace today! This is your time to relax!

    ReplyDelete