Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You Capture - Easter/Pastels

I had so much fun taking pictures this week!  Lots of Pastels and lots of Easter to be captured everywhere.

My neighbor has this tree in their front yard.  I have no idea what kind of tree it is because I'm not so good with plants and flowers like that.  But what I do know is that it is the lightest shade of pink and against all the other deep purples and greens of our street it just jumps out.  It catches my attention every time I walk out the door.  This shot was taken from my front porch, so this is exactly what I get to see every day.


This week I actually took a picture of some flowers in my own yard!  Last fall I decided I wanted all the plants and flowers in my yard in different places.  So I started digging and transplanting and praying that I hadn't just killed everything.  Turns out I didn't!  These geraniums are coming up like crazy and I couldn't be more excited!  (For the record, I only lost one plant - everything else has come back.)


Easter and Pastels rolled into one...

Some of the results of our egg coloring on Easter-eve


And some of the eggs Lucas found Easter morning (Not exactly sure what you call that egg next to the yellow one - is that pastel??)


My brother and my nephew in their matching Easter outfits with pale blue shirts.  ("Coordinating" he says, they do not match exactly.  I think that made him feel girly.)


I made so many attempts to get a decent (not even good - just decent!) picture of my kids on Easter.  I think I need to face the fact that is is not possible.  This is what usually happens when I try to get pictures.


But I did get this shot, which I don't even think they were aware of.  This is post-egg hunt, when the three of them decided on their own to gather together on my Grandma's front lawn and take stock of what they had found.  Ella and Lucas had 10 eggs each, with quarters inside.  Joe had 2 or 3 eggs, some mulch, a couple of dead leaves and some small sticks.  Overall a good hunt!


Want to see more Easter and Pastel shots?  Head over to Beth's for this week's You Capture challenge.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tree! Your kids are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess would be that the tree in the first photo is a dogwood., but I'm not positive. I really *should* be positive--I grew up with a pink dogwood in the backyard and a white dogwood in the front yard of my childhood home. Shame on me. ;)

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete