Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You Capture - Sunshine

This week's You Capture topic wasn't quite as easy as you might think - the past week was rather gloomy in the Northern Kentucky area and sunshine wasn't exactly plentiful.  This left me a little anxious at the end of the week.  Lucas was scheduled to have his very first tee-ball practice Friday evening and he could not have been more excited.  This kid has been a sports nut from day 1 and has been dying to play sports since he started tagging along at Ella's various games.  However, Friday morning brought clouds.  No rain, but it was just hanging there, with the feeling that it just might drop down at any moment.  I did not have the heart to tell him that his practice he had been waiting for all day, all week, ever since sign-ups... might be cancelled.  But lo and behold, just as 5:30 rolled around and practice was to begin, the sun came out!  Lucas took the field and played hard for the entire hour and came off the field with a smile on his face.

Trust that there will be plenty of photos to come of Lucas in action, but this is one I just could not resist sharing.  First, the obvious sun shining through the trees.  Second, someone on the team yelled "Let's change the game to Kick Dirt!"  And so 13 tee-ballers did just that.


A completely different take on sunshine... There is a peony bush at the corner of my front steps.  It is one that I transplanted last fall and now I can see it through the front windows when I am in my kitchen or walking down the steps.  I was super excited to see it start to sprout this spring and a couple of weeks ago we saw the first bloom.  It is still the only one (although I have seen a few that are not too far behind).  Every evening this flower closes itself up and every morning when my kids wake up, before the sun has hit the bush, they say "Our rose died!"  Every morning I assure them it did not, it is just waiting for the sunshine.  And sure enough, as the sun comes up over our front yard the peony opens once again to take in all the warmth it has to offer. 


Aren't the colors just brilliant?!


That's all I've got this week!  Check out more sunny photos at Beth's newly remodeled site.

No comments:

Post a Comment