Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You Capture - Chocolate

Photography lesson learned this week - carry your camera at all times!  But with trying to get 3 kids out of the house and into the car, one of them being incapable of getting himself down the steps and buckled into his seat, and also requiring his own bag, my hands are a little full and my mind a little preoccupied.  On Tuesday I was doing some shopping and there was a mother goose with her 7 little gosslings strutting / waddling along the shopping center.  So very cute - and I had no camera!  I had to settle for what my phone could do because I just couldn't resist.  Not terrible, but not what I would have liked.

ANYWAY... on to You Capture!

Donuts are a special treat for our kids and they only get them when Pawpaw Damon is in town and buys them or about once a month when we stick around after mass and join everybody for coffee and donuts in the church basement.  But last Friday I had a late night run to Wal-Mart and they had Krispy Kreme donuts with chocolate icing and sprinkles marked down to make way for the next morning's delivery.  For some reason I could not resist the sweet treat for my babes, so I indulged.  Not only did they get chocolate donuts for breakfast, but they got to eat them at their little table in front of the TV watching Saturday morning cartoons.  Quite a treat indeed!


The chocolate in this next picture is not nearly as sweet as the story behind it.


Since Easter candy made its first appearance on the store shelves I starting buying Dove chocolate eggs, in both milk chocolate and dark chocolate, and storing them in this glass candy dish on top of the microwave.  Out of the reach of my children.  It took them a few days before they finally noticed it and asked for a piece - I offered them a piece of their own (not-so-high-quality) chocolate instead.  I love me some good chocolate and I was not willing to share it!  My stash ran out two days before Easter and I figured I would wait it out and just start snagging candy from one of the several baskets each of my children receives.  (We usually wind up throwing away half their candy anyway, sometime near the end of summer.  They would never notice the missing chocolate.)  At some point on Monday Ella pointed out that she had taken 2 chocolate eggs out of her Easter basket and put them in the dish.  She told me the pink was for me and the blue was for Daddy and she wanted to replace some of our candy and she thought that was probably the same kind.  SERIOUSLY?!  How unbelievably sweet is this girl?!  (And how absolutely terrible do I feel now for not sharing my original batch?)

That's my chocolate for the week!  There's a lot more chocolate around here, but most of it is going into my mouth and I don't think anybody wants to see that picture.  Instead, check out I Should Be Folding Laundry for more chocolatey goodness.

1 comment: